Homes to LetWorkspaces to LetJournalContact
LM0 6308

The Old Power Station, SW14

    Enquire now

The Old Power Station provides 19 Office Units ranging from 342 to 1,349 square feet. Many of the units have beautiful views of the Thames, with access to balconies or terraces overlooking the river.

Built in 1901 The Old Power Station was originally the site of an electricity generating station and Borough parks department.

All of the units have access to a communal kitchen and WC on each floor. On-site parking spaces are available to rent and it’s just a five-minute walk to Barnes Bridge Station.

You’ll find The Old Power Station and Tideway Yard are directly opposite the tip of the Chiswick peninsula, on the stretch of the Thames that’s now better known as the last straight of the Putney to Mortlake Boat Race course.

Nearest Mainline Stations — Barnes Bridge and Mortlake
Nearest Bus Routes —
419 and 209

LM0 6353
2015 Old PS front entrance number sign
LM0 6468


The Old Power Station was constructed in 1901 by Barnes Council at a time when the Borough made its own electricity using coal that was brought up the Thames in barges. It was said at the time that Mortlake generated the cheapest electricity. After Nationalisation in the 1940's The London Electricity Board took over the Old Power Station and it gradually fell into disuse and dereliction.

Tideway Yard a jumble of Victorian cart sheds and stores adjacent to The Power Station housed Richmond Borough Council's parks department until the early 1980's. A Youth Club was housed in portacabins where the Tideway Wharf flats now stand.

In 1981 Richmond Borough Council decided that they had no further use for the Yard and The Old Power Station and their demolition was proposed. After much outrage from local Mortlake residents a competition was held to find a local architect /developer to save the site while retaining the best of the original buildings.

The award winning design by Gillian Harwood and Philip Lancashire included residential apartments (eighteen flats at Tideway Wharf completed in 1990) and workshop space for new businesses to begin and thrive. The refurbishment and development works were done in partnership with W J Marston & Son Ltd as Contractor and funder . Many of the original features remain at both The Old Power Station and Tideway Yard following their redevelopment. the offices were opened between 1984 and 1986.

Marston Properties has owned and managed the site outright since 2009.

Marston Properties

Hugon Road


020 7736 7133

Copyright ©2024 Marston Properties Limited

Branding by Koto. Search by Algolia. Website by Tuple.