Originally constructed in 1720, but with later additions, this Grade 2 * listed property has an interesting provenance including, over the centuries, the family home of the Franks Family, Lady Byron, Quintin Hogg and Mortlake Council's Town Hall - the latter's tenure being abruptly ended by the Luftwaffe in 1940. The property also featured in two famous paintings by JMW Turner. Since 1945, the building has been used as offices.
Purchased in January 2011, planning and listed building consents to convert the building to 7 apartments were obtained in 2013. The building was sold in December 2013 on a long lease to Westcombe group, who have now completed the building work. Flats are currently on the market.