Built in 1901 Tideway Yard was formerly a stables, coach house and steam-engine shed for Barnes Council depot. You’ll find Tideway Yard and The Old Power Stationare directly opposite the tip of the Chiswick peninsula, on the stretch of the Thames that’s now better known as the last straight of the Putney to Mortlake Boat Race course. Tideway Yard provides 29 Office Units ranging from 117 to 1,177 square feet.
Many of the units have beautiful views of the Thames, with access to balconies or terraces overlooking the river. All units have their own or access to a communal WC and kitchen facilities. On-site parking spaces are available to rent and it’s just a five-minute walk to Barnes Bridge Station.
Both Tideway Yard and the Old Power Station are located within a 5 minute walk of Barnes Bridge Station with regular trains to Putney, Clapham Junction, Vauxhall and Waterloo. Mortlake Station is also close by.
The 419 and 209 buses pass the entrance providing services between Richmond and Hammersmith. On site parking spaces are available to let by way of Licence Agreement.
Rick Stein's restaurant at Tideway Yard makes a great venue for business meetings or entertaining.
The Old Power Station along with Tideway Yard were constructed in 1901. Tideway Yard buildings were originally the stables and coach houses for Barnes Council refuse depot. The council depot had a number of unusual uses over the years including a de-lousing station, air raid warden barracks and the borough mortuary during World War II
In 1981 Richmond Borough Council decided that they had no further use for Tideway Yard and The Old Power Station and their demolition was proposed. After much outrage from local Mortlake residents a competition was held to find a local architect /developer to develop the site while retaining the best of the original buildings. The winning design by Gillian Harwood and Philip Lancashire included residential apartments (Tideway Wharf) and office space for new businesses to begin and thrive. The refurbishment and development works were undertaken by Marston Properties. Many of the original features remain at both The Old Power Station and Tideway Yard following their refurbishment, the offices were opened in 1986.
Mortlake is situated between Kew and Barnes on the south bank of the River Thames, just north of East Sheen. Famous for being the finishing point of the annual Oxford v Cambridge boat race, Mortlake was also home to the Mortlake Tapestry Works in the 17th Century and the Mortlake Brewery, which, until recently, produced Budweiser.