Local restaurant guru’s best known for their successes  at The Crosskeys,  The Sands End and The  Brown Cow will be taking over the new pub at 65 New King’s Road to be known as Brook House  and the plan is  to open in February 2019.

 

Marstons purchased 65 New King’s Road in January 2016 to be greeted within a matter of days to a social media ‘Save the Eelbrook’ Campaign spreading  rumours that it was to become a Tescos.

  

Having reassured the campaigners that it would never be a supermarket Marstons  were still faced with the dilemma that the pub had already closed under  previous owners Greene King and a condition of the sale prevented a pub re-opening for 6 months . Marstons found a solution in ‘pop up’ food operator – ‘Petit Terre’ who built up a regular following for Charcuterie and  fine wine for  twelve months until the building work was ready to start .

Planning permission was granted in the October 2016, the refurbishment started in May 2017 and just under 16 months later all six flats are let and occupied.

The Peterborough Arms was  built in 1773  to be replaced by the existing building in 1892 known as ‘The Peterborough Hotel’.

 

The pub underwent several face lifts and changes of name over the years , including ‘The Southern Cross’ and ‘The Eelbrook’

 

Despite a refurbishment in 2014 , Greene King put the building on the market during the autumn of 2015 and closed  the pub at the end of the year . Marstons purchased the building in January 2016 with the intention from the outset to retain the pub and create six flats  for rent within the upper floors .

  Caroline Marston MD of Marston Properties  said ‘We didn’t want to see another Fulham pub lost so decided   the best way to ensure it’s future was to buy it . A more affordable way to save your local pub is to eat and drink there regularly  ! There are three pubs nearby that since we started our project have gone forever . We hope Brook House will become a much cherished neighbourhood  pub and restaurant for present and future Fulham residents. '