The building pictured in 2001 was by then known as Atlanta Garage and was built by Marstons in around 1938. The garage changed hands in about 2001 and the new owners sought permission for change of use to retail and residential space .
Until 2019 the ground floor was the showroom for Talisman Interiors , who had also occupied the first floor as a showroom until about 2007 .The upper floors were converted from office space in to residential apartments between 2010 and 2012 . New windows were installed on the south side.
The building came close to being demolished in the early 2000’s as a scheme to demolish part of the building was consented.
One of the apartments is currently available to let at £10,000 per week – it would have cost less than a weeks rent in 2020 to build the whole building in the 1930’s
Pictured below is the garage in 1950